About these Terms
These Terms apply to all ‘Contributions’ made to Engage Video Group (Pty) Ltd and/or our direct and indirect affiliates, subsidiaries and group companies (collectively, ‘we’ or ‘us’). A ‘Contribution’ is something you make and submit to us, it includes:
- posts from social media accounts
- videos and clips
- competition entries
- all other ‘user-generated content’ (that means, content you make)
When do these Terms apply
You agree to these Terms if you upload a Contribution to one of our websites, mobile sites, or social media pages (each called a ‘Website’ from here on) or if you submit a Contribution in response to a request from us.
For example, if you post a video on your (public) Instagram account of you making one of our recipes as part of a competition or promotion, or share photos of your food creations on our Facebook page – you choose to allow us to use your Contribution and these Terms will apply.
If you don’t agree with anything in these Terms, or wish to keep any content, information, ideas, concepts or inventions private or proprietary to you, do not post them to the Website, respond to our requests, or otherwise submit them to us.
What we can do with you Contribution
We do not, unless we agree this with you, claim any rights of ownership in your Contribution. That means you keep all ownership rights in your Contribution and, although we will be able to use the Contribution as set out in these Terms, you will also have the right to use your Contribution in any way you choose. If we ever plan to acquire ownership of your Contribution this will be made clear on the relevant Website (or in the relevant campaign) and you will then be able to choose whether to provide your Contribution on that basis.
Effectively, if you submit a Contribution to us, you are granting us an unconditional, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free, fully transferable, perpetual worldwide licence to use, publish and/or transmit, and to authorise third-parties to use, publish and/or transmit your Contribution including without limitation any social media identifier, handle, profile picture, image, likeness, posts, statements or other information provided by you, in any form, media, or technology, whether now known or hereafter developed in connection with our marketing, advertising and promotional activities.
You agree that this includes the right for us to make such Contribution available to other companies, organisations or individuals who partner with us for the syndication, broadcast, distribution or publication of your Contribution on other media and services, subject always to these Terms. You also agree that in the event we receive any royalties, compensation or other payments associated with exercising the rights granted to us under these Terms, you can’t claim any right to any portion of such royalties, compensation or other payments.
Conditions that apply to your Contributions
Before you submit a Contribution to us, you must make sure:
- that you are 18 years or older;
- that if children are featured in the Contribution, you are the parent/guardian with legal responsibility of any minors depicted in the Contribution and have their permission to include them
- that the Contribution is original to you and does not infringe the copyright, intellectual property, or any other right of any person or company
- that the Contribution is not defamatory, obscene or sexually oriented, abusive, vulgar, offensive, indecent, harassing, threatening
- that the Contribution is not in contempt of court
- that the Contribution does not promote or threaten violence toward anyone or advance criminal activities
- that the Contribution does not breach any person’s privacy and you have the rights from any and all persons and/or companies appearing in such Contribution to use their names, images or likenesses
- that nothing in the Contribution constitutes illegal activity or conduct that could give rise to liability or encourage others to take part in criminal conduct or conduct that could give rise to liability
- that the Contribution does not include an advertisement, promotion, commercial solicitation, contest or survey
- that the Contribution does not contain, transmit or disseminate spam, chain letters, viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage or adversely affect the operation of another’s computer, the Website, or any software, hardware or other related equipment
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to edit any Contribution and to choose to include, not include or remove a Contribution from our Website or any other materials where the Contribution may appear.
You agree that we are not responsible for, and have no liability for any Contribution submitted by you or other users and published by us or by authorised third parties.
You agree to hold harmless and release us, along with our respective officers, directors, employees, agents, assigns, licensees and successors, from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action (collectively ‘claims’) that you or your heirs, representatives, executors, administrators, or any other persons acting on your behalf or on behalf of your estate have or may have, whether now in in the future, relating to the use of your Contribution, including without limitation, any claims of defamation, invasion of privacy, rights of publicity or copyright, or any other right you may have.
Please contact us here if you have any questions or concerns about a Contribution or about these Terms.
These Terms were last updated on August 2021. We may vary these Terms from time to time without advance notice. Our updated terms will be displayed on the Website and each time you submit a Contribution to us, you agree to be bound by the latest version.